1. Acquire basic knowledge on the LEB’s new and/or additional requirements, if any, in connection with changes in curriculum to comply with the revisions of Rule 138- A;
2. Formulate and design their curriculum as result of the changes brought about by the revised rules.
1. LEB MO No. 23 (GUIDELINES FOR THE INTEGRATION OF CLINICAL LEGAL EDUCATION IN THE BASIC LAW CURRICULUM) — https://bit.ly/3he0KAU
2. FORM REG-O (APPLICATION FOR CURRICULUM ADJUSTMENT TO INTEGRATE THE CLINICAL LEGAL EDUCATION PROGRAM) — https://bit.ly/2RJaBUq
3. Module 5 Presentation — https://bit.ly/3y1hcu5
About the Speaker
Commissioner Josefe Sorrera-Ty
Legal Education Board
Commissioner Josefe C. Sorrera-Ty represents the Philippine Association of Law Schools in the Legal Education Board. Commissioner Sorrera-Ty was the Dean of the Father Saturnino Urios University College of Law before she was appointed to the LEB. During her deanship, the Urian Legal Assistance Program (ULAP) was established. ULAP is the first conflict-sensitive conflict-transformative legal assistance program in the country with a special heart for the environment and the indigenous peoples of Caraga. She was the dean of the law school for fifteen (15) years. She believes that lawyers are peacemakers and that legal education will only be meaningful if law students serve while learning. She is an advocate of experiential learning. She has been appointed by the Supreme Court to Technical Working Groups, namely for the Revision of Rule 138-A (Student Practice Rule), National Legal Education Summit and the Sub-committee on the Admission to the Bar. She was also appointed by the Supreme Court as a member of the Oversight Committee for the Implementation of the Revised Law Student Practice Rule. Commissioner Sorrera-Ty is also a Certified Public Accountant. She was elected National President of the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants in 2012 and in the year 2014 she was elected as the Secretary General of the ASEAN Federation of Accountants. She obtained her Bachelor of Laws and B. S. Business Administration and Accountancy degrees from the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City.