Certificate Level 2
For law students currently enrolled for the second semester of their third-year law courses
Provided however, where a student fails to complete all their third-year law courses, the Level 2 certification shall be deemed automatically revoked.
- Perform all activities under Level 1 Certification
- Assist in the taking of depositions and/or preparing judicial affidavits of witnesses
- Appear on behalf of the client at any stage of the proceedings or trial, before any court, quasi-judicial or administrative body
- In criminal cases, subject to the provisions of Section 5, Rule 110 of the Rules of Court, to appear on behalf of a government agency in the prosecution of criminal actions
- In appealed cases, to prepare the pleadings required in the case
Level 2 certification, for law students currently enrolled for the second semester of their
third-year law courses. Please follow the process for application for certification:
THE REVISED LAW STUDENT PRACTICE RULE
The Revised Law Student Practice Rule (Rule 138-A of the Rules of Court) allow law students who have applied for and have secured proper certifications to engage in any of the activities under the Clinical Legal Education Program
BE CAREFUL OF UNAUTHORIZED PRACTICE OF LAW
Unauthorized practice of law shall be a ground for revocation of the law student practitioner's certification and/or disqualification for a law student from taking the bar examination for a period to be determined by the Supreme Court.